Pavlik Center for Health and Wellness: Your Source for Massage Therapy in Orlando
Many people treat themselves to the occasional spa massage as a luxurious way to relax. But massage therapy can actually provide many other healthful benefits as well. This time-tested healing method not only loosens and relaxes body and mind, but it can also accelerate the healing process, relieve pain, treat or assist specific conditions and improve overall physical function. That's why we offer medical massage therapy here at The Pavlik Center for Health and Wellness, we'd like to be your go-to source for medical massage therapy in Orlando FL.
The combination of muscle relaxation and circulatory stimulation provided by massage therapy can have an extraordinary positive impact on many different types of health challenges. The release of physical and emotional tension can ease breathing in people suffering from respiratory ailments, lower blood pressure, and help relieve headaches and migraines.
Massage's ability to boost both blood flow and lymphatic drainage can reduce edema associated with pregnancy, injury, headaches and migraines. Last but certainly not least, massage therapy makes a welcome complement to acupuncture and chiropractic care for natural relief of chronic pain and illness.
The Source for your Massage Therapy needs
Many people treat themselves to the occasional spa massage as a luxurious way to relax, but massage therapy can provide many other healthful benefits. This healing method not only loosens and relaxes the body and mind but can also accelerate the healing process, relieve pain, treat or assist specific conditions and improve overall physical function. That’s why we offer varying options for medical massage here at The Pavlik Center for Health and Wellness.
Our wellness center offers several different styles of massage therapy alongside chiropractic, acupuncture, and other natural treatment methods. These styles include:
- Swedish Massage- Traditional light style massage often featured in health spas. This technique stimulates the tissue, relaxes muscles, and boosts circulation near the skin surface. It is primarily recommended for stress relief, as an aid in injury recovery, and superficial pain or inflammation.
- Deep Tissue Massage- This form of massage uses more aggressive strokes than Swedish massage to address tension or injuries in the deeply- embedded tissues near bones and joints. It can also help break up collections of scar tissue called adhesions that cause chronic pain and prevent a full range of motion.
- Sports Massage- Whether you are a committed professional athlete or a weekend warrior, sports massage can help you enjoy your favorite activity safely and to its fullest potential. This kind of massage considers the impact of certain activities on specific joints, muscle groups, tendons, ligaments, and soft tissue groups.
- Trigger Point Therapy- Trigger point involves treating points in the muscle to relieve tension. Trigger pointing increases temperature and blood flow through the muscles promoting relaxation. When muscles are relaxed they can be restored to their full length. Trigger pointing helps restore movement and increase flexibility in the muscles.
- Cupping Therapy- By creating suction and vacuum pressure with handheld cups, this technique can soften tight muscles, loosen adhesions and lift restrictive connective tissues. This allows hydration and blood flow to the body's tissues. It can be used to move deep inflammation to the skin surface for release and drain excess fluid and toxins by opening lymphatic pathways.
- Healing Therapy- Wellbeing is our natural state but life stresses can get in the way. This treatment helps bring you back into balance by encouraging your healing abilities. The sessions are a natural way to help you release tension and strengthen your body’s immune system while calming your mind and soothing your emotions. Healing therapy can sometimes be felt as profound peace, hopefulness, and the sense that you have some control by the choices you make. This can empower you to discover what’s possible in your own life.